Saturday 3 November 2012

Dear Mother


Mum: Oya, go and drink your 'sugar water' and give your brother his own
Me: Mummy, why don't we take milo?
Mum: Because 'sugar water' is sweeter than milo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Boasting in school during break)
Me: What did you drink in the morning
Seun: Milo
Me: You're not enjoying o. 'sugar water' is sweeter than milo
Seun: Is a lie
Me: Is my mummy that told me. You're calling my mummy a liar. I won't play with you again
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hahaha. How gullible I was, but I was a child, I can be excused. Instead of my mother to just confess that they didn't have money to buy milo, she would pour hot water in our cups and put plenty sugar in it, and that was the ish then.lol
I don't think anyone can ever replace one's mum. The sacrifices are just innumerable, it just has to be by blood connection. We've had our ups and downs; not eaten 3 meals per day, slept in the car after being kicked out, slept in people's houses, sold her things etc. She was there for my dad and us. Our education never suffered in the midst of this, her and dad made sure of this. At some point, she had a kiosk where she sold drinks, then her and dad used to go from house to house, selling clothing materials and then still go for their lecturing jobs and money was still never enough, probably because we were in expensive schools, they never reduced the standard.
She's my mother, sister, role model, and counselor. She thinks I'm too strong willed, but then again, we have to remember who I look like....hehehe
My mum is now the founder of one of the most prestigious schools in Kaduna, Nigeria (http://redemptionschools.org/), she's a site engineer(I mean it), Events planner, Business woman (clothes, books, etc.- She can sell anything), Motivational Speaker, Pastor and has a passion for the singles and married.
We love her so so much and I miss her. I wish I could be in Nigeria now. She's gonna be 50 years old on the 13th of November.Happy birthday dear mother. Iya ni wura

Please drop your comments wishing her a happy birthday. Thanks guys

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Mummy love!(Wat We use to call her bk den in gray's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!!! This touching dear, may the good Lord continue bless you plus family for generations to come. I still want a divorce you hear!!!!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bdae swt mum she aint only ur mum lolzzz luv da pix lyk crazeeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really touching .Mothers r d best .

    ReplyDelete
  5. So i just starting reading your blog and i really like it. I have a blog as well and youre inspiring and confident! Plus Mothers totally rule!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, how sweet! And touching. God bless n keep our mothers...

    ReplyDelete