Sunday 5 November 2017

Rotten Sweets

'1,2,3 Surprise!!!!' My daughter and I screamed as we lifted up the cover of the pack of sweets together. Our excitement turned to horror almost immediately.

I had gone to shop for the finest Indian sweets with my friends in a store called Haldirams in India. I did a lot of tasting and settled for less expensive ones but this particular one everyone insisted I had to get it. It was more expensive than the others but everyone kept raving about it so I got a pack.

We have been snacking on the other packs of sweets at home ; finishing one pack and opening the next. The plan was to open this one last to savour all its goodness, as per grand finale. However on this beautiful Sunday afternoon, my daughter was on her best behaviour and so excitedly, I brought this one out even though we had an unfinished pack of the other type. So we counted 1,2,3 and shouted 'surprise' as we raised the cover and indeed we were surprised. It was rotten!

How could it be? The less expensive ones were still as fresh as fresh goes. The package of this sweet was so beautiful, crisp and clean. It did not ooze any smell. It looked perfect from the outside. As a matter of fact, it was better than the rest in my eyes. I mean, I paid more money for it. The HolySpirit immediately ministered to me. There are so many people calling on the name of the Lord publicly but their private lives are rotten. Be careful.

And you! Yes you! You know that thing you are involved in that is against the standards of God but no one knows because you are clean on the outside but rotten inside. Stop it now that you still can.

At the end of the day, you as well as all the people you are pretending to will answer to only one person- God!

It's more important to be pretty on the inside than on the outside. But if you have both on lockdown, that's amazing.

Stay classy,

Love.

X

If this has blessed you, please share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment