Friday 30 July 2021

SURPRISE!!!

 "Babe, please follow me to the store. I want to surprise mummy with one bag like that". We left my mum with our kids and strolled out with only an ATM card in my pocket. I was going to pull off the perfect surprise. 


You see my mum ensures everyone's comfort before hers. I wanted to make her priority! Treat her like the queen she is. I had seen that particular bag while out with her one day and made a mental note to go back and get it. 


As we got to the store, shebi I was supposed to tell the attendants what I wanted and they would get it? But no, ITK went straight to the bag. I even had to stand on my toes to reach it. I pulled it down, held it in my left hand as I reached into my pocket for my card with my right hand. I looked around it for a price tag but there was none. My husband was engrossed in the male section admiring shoes. 


Cash Money like me, my hand was midway stretched out to hand over the card as I asked "How much?" 


"Nine hundred and fifty thousand naira ma", she replied. My chest did gbajodoyapiiiiiiiiiiiii. I just dey hear wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Almost simultaneously,  the bag dropped from my hand. I think it was out of shock. "Mo ti da ran, I don enter", I thought to myself. The sales rep rushed to pick it up before I could even move. I was praying to God that there would be no scratch on the bag from that fall. I remembered how I went to a supermarket with Nifemi and she knocked down a bottle of cashew nuts and the bottle broke and they made me pay. Shebi that one was N600. Where I wan enter with this one? 950k? Mo ya humble. Cash money without cash😂 


Then the owner of the store who was busy on her computer looked up and said to her sales rep "950,000? What is wrong with you. This one is One million naira". Then turning to me she said "Madam, you will enjoy this bag. It's an exclusive Ferragamo. I will advise you to just take it because when next you come,you won't meet it at this price because of exchange rate". Na 1 million, as in N1,000,000, we dey talk about o. I was sweating and the AC was on. 


I now said with a very polished accent "Kai, I'm not sure I like this colour. Do you have it in chestnut?" 😂😂😂 She replied in the negative. I said I would have to come another time then as I really wanted it in Chestnut. That's how God saved you people's cash money. Phew. Mo ya take off immediately. 


I went back to my mum's and said "I wanted to surprise you but I was the one that was surprised" 😂 


Thank God we serve the King of surprises who owns the cattle on a thousand hills, the original cash money. He said "...I'm about to do something brand new. It's bursting out. Don't you see it?...I'm making a road through the desert" (Isa 43:19 MSG). What is Ferragamo to my God, ordinary 1m? Abeg make them getat. 


May God give you a pleasant surprise that will cause ears to tingle. 


Peace, love and pleasant surprises, 


Your favourite writer girl,

Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment