Thursday 17 January 2013

Contd. London girl goes to Nigeria

I'm sorry that 'bath' took a little while. lol. Sorry , I've been busy with coursework and lectures jare. Ehen, so back to the gist. That's how I now had to enter one blue and white bus that was to take me to where the BRT buses were. I bought ticket, when I entered, hmmn,I was the only different one (my 'buttiness' does not know how to hide). Honestly, I stood out (literally). I was hanging by the door, I feared I had entered 'one chance' bus. That's how one woman now shouted from the back in Yoruba, that it's like I don't like my life, that I could fall out. She now turned to the driver and said why couldn't he tell me to enter inside properly. He replied saying, are my eyes paining me, that couldn't I see where other people were standing (yeah, I forgot to mention, the standing passengers were more than the sitting ones). Anyway, I sha moved in. One babe now began famzing with me. She said, 'you seem new to the environment', I replied with a smile. I was afraid to talk back before I will disappear (anything can happen in Lagos). She wasn't ready to take my silence as she continued to show me places, felt like it was a tour, only it was really unpleasant. I finally succumbed and began to talk with her. Later, I kindly asked her to tell me the bus stop to alight at. She had not finished replying when one oversabi woman began to yell. She was so angry, that the girl was telling me the wrong place. Then both of them started to argue, aww, I felt like a celeb. In the midst of this, someone else tapped me and said I should watch out for my Blackberry, it was about to fall from my pocket. *sigh*. God bless her. The driver overheard the argument and decided to show me mercy and told me where to get off.  
BRT PLACE
*Me very confused, too many queues*
Me: Hi.Please I'm going to NTA on the Island, which queue should I join
Young man: It's the same queue. One line is the standing queue, the other is the sitting queue. I advice you join the standing queue, so you can reach on time
Me: (in my mind) yepa. E don be today
The only semblance the bus had to London buses is the card reader inside the bus. Finish. It was so rickety. The driver was very rough, pressing the brake abruptly. Oh, did I mention I was on heels?, I nearly cried. I finished my business, trying to look for a cab (as I swore I was never getting into another bus), that's how I slipped. Not only did my jeans tear, I was bruised badly. Shame no gree me look sef. I got up quickly, face front picking up the remaining pieces of my pride. lol. I also had amazing moments though. I went to the mall and it was super cool, fooling around, asking for prices and buying nothing (typical nigerian), I saw 'The Meeting' at the cinema, too funny and I got to attend a christmas party. It turned out great at the end. The rest of the holidays I spent in Kaduna, working on my coursework, and spending time with my wonderful family. I look forward to the next holiday. I hope you also had a fab time? Thanks for reading. xoxo

@LoveOmoraiyewa

No comments:

Post a Comment