Saturday 19 January 2013

The Ever Present Help



I had the worst day of my life yesterday. It was a lovely day or so I thought, until I decided to plug in my laptop and discovered that it was not charging. After several attempts, I accepted my fate. I was so sad, not because of the charger but because I have three days to submit my dissertation proposal and this 'event' was going to draw me back. I went to the 'Fix It Center' in my school, and after waiting a long time to be attended to, the guy there said since it wasn't school property, he couldn't fix it for me. He however suggested that I buy a new one. I began to calculate in my head, 'Oh God, unplanned expenses again'. Anyway I had an appointment with my tutor. He helped me to power my computer with his charger so he could see what I had written so far. After looking at it, guess what?. He changed my topic. This is coming after I had typed 600 words out of the 2500 words and read all the literature. It was snowing seriously, the snow was about 3 inches from the ground, so I couldn't move easily and it was really cold. The boo also called to say he was not having a good day. It was all too much for me to bear. I called my mum afterwards and started crying. I was so confused, but trust my mother, she set me straight immediately. She said;
 'I don't believe in sulking. What will it get you. When they burnt my school, did you see me crying. I immediately started to seek the way forward. The Bible says if you are discouraged in the face of adversity, then your faith is little. Get up, go and look for charger and put in extra hours'
She then began to tell me a story, I laughed so much that I forgot my worries.
Entering that snow to go find a charger was not an option, so I just went to borrow a laptop from the library. While I was using it at home, it felt really weird, I couldn't type fast on it. So, I decided to come back to the library and just stay there and do my work. This was at about 10pm, my library is 24 hours, so again I braved the snow and began the walk to the library, only to get there and saw the notice saying 'Library closed because of bad weather'. I was so angry, but then I remembered what my mum said and I stuck my tongue out and said 'Satan, is this all you got', and it felt so good. I went back home, started to study and type. I slept at 2:00 am having typed about 1000 sensible words, what I had not achieved in weeks of studying. I woke up this morning just thinking of the faithfulness of God. He is the only one who can collapse time, our every present help in times of trouble. I have bought a new charger today and currently approaching 2000 words. Praise God

@LoveOmoraiyewa


4 comments:

  1. Get used to d snow.., 3inches is child's play tho. Thankfulness is the cure for emptiness. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, I thank GOD for your life as He his alwyas there for you. I want you to realize that you are never alone; GOD is always with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the hope we have as Christians that whatever we go through, God is always there to help us,thanks for sharing dear.

    ReplyDelete