Friday 16 February 2018

Run

'Miss Love, just run'. That was Aisha, one of my students urging me to compete in the relay race I introduced to the students.
Every Friday, we have Sports but I hardly ever attend as I use that time to catch up on work. Today however, I was feeling quite energetic. I went to school with 3 jumpropes, sacks for sackrace and filled with energy.
Different teachers handled different groups but immediately I got downstairs, many students found their way to mine. I think it was out of curiousity.
We started with warm ups and then cardio. It was so much fun. We were gasping for breath. I was happy. I really wanted them to have a good time. I introduced the race which required 2 contestants to carry stones to the other end of the court. Whoever carried the most in the shortest time possible won. They loved it. That's when Aisha said, 'Let teachers run. Miss Love just run'. I was like yes, let's do this. So I and the other teacher with me decided to run. I didn't know my village people were at work 😂 I ran the first lap successfull, as I made to turn to go and pick the next stone, I felt one of my legs give way. Bum first landed, followed by elbow then entire body (I found out my knee was also affected this evening).
As I lay on the ground, I kept hearing them chanting 'Miss Love! Miss Love!' Before I knew what was happening, I was swamped by students pulling me up. I feared their tiny hands could not carry my weight but they did. I knew I had to make them proud. So even though I didn't know how I would pull through, I kept running till I picked up all my stones.
They made me believe I could and I did. They pulled me up when I couldn't pull myself up. And when one hand was not enough, another joined in and then anothen and another until I could stand on my own. The world would be a better place if we were all there to raise one another rathen than leave a fallen soldier. We all grow when we lift each other up.
I went on to a battle skipping competition with male staff. I skipped 100 in 44 seconds and then I screamed 'Say my name!' and they shouted 'Miss Love'. It was a proud moment. I am grateful I was not left lying there by myself. I am grateful for the ones who believed me.  Cheers to encouragers. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
'So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it.
1 Thessalonians 5:9‭-‬11 MSG
Peace, love and sunshine,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment