Friday 29 December 2017

When the worst that can happen, happens



It was my bff's wedding.

We had been praying for months.

A date was finally picked. We were ecstatic.

2 months before the wedding, I went to apply for my visa to enable me attend.

I went to apply on a Monday. There was a lot of back and forth, confirmations, etc and I was able to submit and make payment on Thursday.

Note that the India High Commission will not take money from you except they are granting you a visa 👏

I was asked to come back the following Thursday by 4pm to pick up my passport as it takes 1 week to process.

Yay! I couldn't be happier. I posted it on our group chat. Everyone else had gotten their visas except me. We were all happy. Coming in from different countries. It was going to be the reunion of the year.

I booked my ticket. Called my tailor to make dresses for Avesta and I. Avesta also went ahead to book tickets for everyone from Delhi to her hometown.

On Thursday, I got there and met a crowd of people waiting. It was already past 5pm. They had not called anyone in.

Next thing, they addressed via the public address system. We were told there was now a new policy in place and all approval now comes from India and it would take at least 3 weeks. (It was during the period when there was mass deportation of Nigerians from India). They promised to personally call us when it was ready.

There was confusion. One man there has booked his flight for Friday. A student was due to resume on Monday. There were so many medical emergencies who needed to travel for surgery. I felt bad for all of them but grateful for myself that I still had a month to go before my travel. I was safe. Oh so I thought.

3 weeks came and went by. I did not receive the call. It was now exactly 2 weeks to the wedding. I sent them an email, they did not reply. Another week went by. My flight was supposed to be on Friday. My brother went to the High Commission on Wednesday to help me check. It was not ready.

On Friday morning, I called Wakanow to 'open' the ticket. I had my peace. Because there was really nothing to do. Avesta was sad. That day came and went by.

Sorry to burst your bubble. There was no last minute miracle😁. We hoped the visa would be out in time for the white wedding but that also came and went by. My friend was now a Mrs. My absence didn't stop that. The worst happened and the world still moved on😀

I got the call eventually, picked up my passport and just let it chill. Avesta and I picked new dates and I visited them in September. I liked that I was able to spend time with both of them in their new home, create new memories, eat a variety of food,chat with their friends, enough time to shop, bond with my other dear friend, Prerna, Netflix, and plenty of sleep and rest. All these I believe would not have been possible due to the complexities of weddings😁

All I'm saying is, the worst will happen and you'd still be okay, I promise.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God. Rom 8:28

P.s I just missed another friend's wedding due to flight cancellation. Avesta says it's a sign from God that the next wedding I will attend will be mine 😂

Don't forget to  register for the Feb 2nd event. It's gon be lit. Check flyer for details

Peace, love and a prosperous New year,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment