Monday 18 December 2017

On Friendships

I was invited out to celebrate an academic milestone with a group of 'friends'. I thought we were just going to have dinner at a nice restaurant. We got in and it was a Pub. There was heavy alcohol and a lot of smoking. I wanted to be polite so I offered to wait outside till they were done. I stood outside messaging my mum about my predicament. Shortly after, heavily drunk guys started coming onto me offering to buy me drinks and asking if I wanted to go home with them. You see the law of attraction! You attract who you are. Because I was seen in front of a Pub, they assumed I would be interested in that sort of thing since they were into that sort of thing. You get it? Totally not their fault. I eventually had to leave alone because it was/is not who I was/am. It is not MY idea of fun. So I cut myself off that circle of friendship when I noticed the trend.

I began to make bold my stand for Christ and I began to attract Christ-like friends (though very few). No one succeeds alone. No one fails alone either. The people you surround yourself with can make or mar you. Do your friends add value or do they devalue you? Are you a value added friend or a pest? Do your friends pull you along as they rise? Do you also want the progress of your friends?

Will your friends recommended you to people that matter. '...At Daniel's request the king appointed Shadrach, Meshach and Abedneho to administrative posts...' Dan 2:48-49.

You should pray for your friends and your friends should pray for you. A true 'clique' is one of character, who have goals and aspirations, who slay not just in their dressing but in their careers, families and relationships with God.

Daniel determined in his heart that he would not defile himself. So he found himself friends that were also not interested in defiling themselves. One person's conviction is everybody's conviction. That is friendship.

Come Feb 2, 2018, I would be hosting a free event that will see us young folks come together to just worship, share the Word, dance, get high in the Holyghost, network and build Christian friendships. I am really looking forward to making new friends and meeting many of my virtual friends.Living for God is not boring. If you will be around Kaduna and would love to attend, raise your hand like this ✋

Cheers to fulfilling friendships in 2018🍸

Peace, love and good tidings,

Love.

*As always, if this has blessed you, please share with others. 😗😗

No comments:

Post a Comment