Monday 11 June 2018

DIFFERENT gift, DIFFERENT season

I g
ot a BBM notification and so I opened the app and saw it was a message from an acquaintance. It read "I have a makeup job for ypu". He is a photographer and assumed I was a professional makeup artist because of how my face was always done.
I was about to decline when I remembered how badly I could do with some extra cash. To complicate matters, he wanted me to makeup a bride-to-be for her prewedding who was not living in Nigeria. She was coming for the sole purpose of the shoot.
Since I was/am not a makeup artist, I only had/have products in my colour. I started to pray we would have the same skin tone. I took my makeup purse to work the next day and sneaked out to meet them at the location. She was my exact colour! I did the makeup and they  LOVED it. The groom was so grateful. They paid me N10,000. I almost collapsed from excitement.
Makeup as an art is one of my giftings as I've never learnt professionally (I did wedding makeup for my aunty when I was in JSS 2) and I believe it was necessary for THAT season.
As much as I still want to learn professionally, I simply do not have the time to make a living out of it. At least not now. But was that gift necessary at a certain point? Yes.
We all have numerous giftings but it would be plain disaster to try to function in all areas at the same time and perform excellently. Some gifts are for some seasons.
I found my mama's old business card. She once ran an event planning business. She would even hire bridesmaids🤣😂 (my friends and I suffered that time). She handled decor, food and everything. And she was good at it. But that season ended and another began. Her 'wedding planner' gift helped the family in that season. Adding that to her plate now would be a complete disaster.
God wants you to use ALL your gifts and He will provide opportunities for you to use them at DIFFERENT points not at the same time. Pray for discernment to know the gift God is calling you to express for the season. There are however some primary gifts which you will carry throughout your lifetime. Look out for it. Don't miss it.
P.s Check out my mama's wig😍😍😍
Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment