Monday 22 October 2018

Kaduna crisis and how you should live your best life.

 " I'm going to wear my new top tomorrow", I boldy declared to bestie. "Let's go and visit Mrs X now because I want to have my Sunday afternoon sleep and be ready for the long week ahead". I said. "So you finished all that kunu without giving me", I said to him again as I silently planned my revenge.

"Let us park and walk the rest of the way" bestie said as we approached Mrs X's house. We did. It was a lovely visit filled with good humour and laughter. We walked back to the car and drove off to meet up with the fam.

More laughter and jokes. Even my good ol' wig was not spared in the diss. Quick hugs, we all went our separate ways with a promise to see each other later.

Phone rings! 'Kaduna is on fire.' Another religious crisis. Phew! Panic as the fam was on the way back to their base. Next news, one of them was stabbed and alone. Others had escaped and were safe. Next news: '24 hour curfew.' We could not go to them, they could not come to us. The ertswhile laughter was replaced with tears of sorrow.

Good Samaritan manages to get the injured to a hospital. He is fine. We are grateful for the goodness of God. We are sad for the ones we know personally who were not lucky. Like us, they had plans for tomorrow, which is the today they never saw.

I did not get to wear my new top today, there is no 'long' week ahead of me as I am currently indoors instead of working. I am not thinking of how to punish bestie for drinking kunu without giving me. What I would give for 'small' blessings like taking a walk without fear?

It's funny how in the blink of an eye, EVERYTHING can change. It's why I live my life to be ridiculously happy and fulfilled. Tomorrow is not promised. Do the things you want to do now, today! Dress like it's a party, Love like a teenager, Travel if you have the means. Whatever you do, live your best life.

#PrayForKaduna.

Peace, peace and more Peace,

Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment