Thursday 4 October 2018

What do you do with unripe mangoes?

Still with my stinking morning breath, unwashed body and scattered hair, I got on a bus. As I sat, I let the tears flow freely causing stares from my fellow passengers.

It was not the bruises or the pain on my body that made me shed tears. It was the pain in my heart. 'When will this end God?', I asked my maker. I was tired of feeling the way I did. I needed for my heart to be unburdened. Even if it was just for a second.

The tears stopped flowing while we journeyed but my heart continued to break inside. I wanted to go very far away. Why do bad things happen to good people? Why are tares sowed among the wheat? Doesn't God have the power to take away the pain? To remove the the tares?

He does. But there's sometime dangerous about using a shortcut to your destiny. If you refuse to endure the process of maturity, you will come out undone. Thereby being useless to yourself and the world at large and ending up being destroyed. Imagine plucking mango from the tree and discovering it is not yet ripe. What would you do? Throw it away!

In the parable of the wheat and tares, when the servants asked the master to uproot the weed, He said ‘...No; because as you pull out the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them...let them grow together...at harvest time the weeds will be burned' MATTHEW 13:29 AMP.

As you pull out of the process, no matter how much you had endured before, you may also be pulling out of the goodness and harvest that was to follow.

Go through your pain and during harvest, you would see that the tares helped you to be stronger. I went through mine and came out standing. I'm grateful for that pain, it birthed purpose. Don't give up. Harvest is around the corner. Soon you will see all that had persecuted you burn to the ground.

Peace, love and sunshine.

Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment