Monday 30 March 2020

Before I die, I'll live

"Mummy, when will we start going to church and school?", Nifemi asked me. It has probably began to get to my baby girl too.

We have never had it this bad. By we, I mean those of us in the north. We are used to curfews and general unrest. There's always one religious crisis or the other. We hide. It blows over after a few weeks. Life resumes.

For the first time, it's not about what religion we practice or who we voted. It's about survival. A fight for life. A deep seated fear that my precautions alone cannot save me. I can only hope those around me take precautions too. My life depends on it. All our lives depend on it.

I open my Instagram each day and as I scroll through, I see a celebrity face more than once and I already know- that person has contacted the virus too. My chest tightens a bit and I feel like the walls are closing in. I get up, disinfect my door handles and surfaces and force my husband and daughter to wash their hands for the umpteenth time and read more horrible news. Every gaddam day. Fear!

So today I said to fear, 'ENOUGH'. I skipped every bad news on my feed today. My papa preached a message tagged 'Supposing there's no tomorrow?' It got me thinking. There's a list of things I would love to do if there is no tomorrow. So here's what I've chosen to do:
* Pick up working out again
* Eating healthy
* Lots of dancing
* Lots of singing
* Writing my book
* Reading books
* Bonding with God
* Bonding with family
* Pray for all our health workers
* Drinking loads of water
* Watching movies
* Work on my website
* Staying safe
* Practicing social distancing
* CHILL

No more fear. I am going to live this life to the fullest and not dwell on thoughts of the virus. You attract your thoughts. We will beat corona virus and that's what I have chosen to think about. And as my new book title says, BEFORE I DIE, I'LL LIVE.

What would you do today if there was no tomorrow?

Peace, love and God's protection,

Your favourite writer girl,
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment