Sunday 15 March 2020

Everything with God is a big deal

GOD HUMBLED ME!!!
God is the greatest. There's so much going on in the world right now that has got me really really thinking. Tonight, I can't help but think about how the lives of young school girls WITHIN the confines of their school (and the hundreds of people in that area who were also affected) ended due to the gas explosion. They were not walking on the road o!

Anyway, back to my own testimony. You know how God does something for you, you like it o, but you make it sound trivial; not a big deal. Listen, everything with God is a BIG DEAL!

I had a fever last week. It started on Wednesday afternoon and I was due to sing that same evening. I took my injections and was on stage 10 minutes later. I sang my heart out and was basically making the declarations in that song over my health (I overcame by Ada Ehi). God worked wonders, I was still able to express breastmilk for my son and I began to get better. By night, I was bent over as I sat and I noticed breastmilk had leaked all the way to the floor. It was a large quantity. I made a careless statement, "na wa o, when I'm not selling it. Abeg, all this leaking is disturbing me".

I woke up early the next morning to express as usual and I got a very little quantity. Strange! I continued by day's activities. By afternoon I got about 50ml. It is not even up to a quarter of what Raph takes. I pumped every hour and kept getting between 30-50ml. My mum and mum in love had to come over. I drank papa and kunu like my life depended on it.

By Saturday morning, it became obvious that I had to find an alternative. I was drained, weak and frustrated. By afternoon, still no bmilk so we bought a can of formula. Ha! I cried silent tears. Nothing wrong with formula but I couldn't just understand how I went from excess to nothing. My mum kept saying "You have tried your best." We gave him and after many attempts he eventually took it. I was VERY sad.

We went for choir rehearsals but my mind was unsettled so I left. I went to my room and played back everything in my mind and realized I was the cause of my own misfortune. So I prayed. I called God 'The giver and taker of breastmilk'. I asked him to have mercy and restore. Before my son woke, I tried to pump again. Ladies and gentlemen, it began to flow. That's how I jejely packed the formula away. Raph didn't have to take it a second time. Onise Iyanu did his wonders. God has completely restored us. Tonight as I expressed (all that quantity in less than an hour), I got a prompting to share this testimony.

I am reminded again never to take the blessings of God for granted. Also, words are powerful. I will never ever complain about excess milk in my life.

Also, don't forget, everything with God is BIG DEAL.

Peace, love and joy,

Your favourite writer girl,
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment