Friday 21 July 2017

I ain't no Sapphira




I attended a boarding school and at the end of WAEC and NECO examinations, I was so excited to be back home. My dad asked how the exams went and wanted to know if there was any exam malpractice. I told him how I saw people talk here and there, nothing major but of course, I did not participate. Or did I? I chose to conceal that information because technically I did not do anything. Ssssh Holy Spirit not now!

And then we got the news that WAEC result had been released. My result was beautiful but I could not find my Commerce result. It was not relevant to my course choice but it was my second favourite subject and I wanted to know how well I did. My dad was very upset. WAEC had no right to withhold my Commerce, he said. He started making calls, said he needed an explanation. Then I remembered!!! I began to panic and sweat. During the Commerce exam, the student behind me couldn't come up with anything on his sheet and without permission as I raised my hand to submit,the invigilator took my sheet and passed it to that student to copy. There was nothing I could do.

Now back to reality, I don't know what to do. I'm thinking, perhaps this boy copied verbatim and WAEC found out? I had to confess to save my father the embarrassment. So I walked in, my head bowed and I said 'Daddy, I let somebody copy my Commerce exam maybe that's why WAEC refused to release it.' He was so disappointed. Not because I let somebody copy me (even though in my house talking in exam is still cheating. We don't talk πŸ˜‚) but because he asked me and I lied by refusing to say the complete truth. He still whisked me off to WAEC office weeks later and we were told I had a perfect score in Commerce so they just needed to be sure before it was released. Phew!!! So you mean it's not because somebody copied meπŸ€” Really though HolySpirit, you had to drag me like this to get me to confess? The Commerce result was eventually released and it was a beautiful A1.

The thing with the HolySpirit is that just being an accomplice or being aware lands you the same punishment as the proprietor. I mean look at Sapphira in Acts 5:2 (JM AMP) 'And with his wife's knowledge...HE kept back some of the proceeds'. He (Ananais) wanted to dupe God. Sapphira's crime was that she was aware and tried to cover up. The same judgment of death that came on the husband fell on the wife too. Both husband and wife were obviously church people, it was their money and it probably was not convenient to give it all. All Ananais needed to do was speak the truth. Sapphira had no hand in this except that she chose to cover him. The HolySpirit does not joke yo. He can be gentle but don't test Him.

You know that Nigerian song that says 'I no go lie to you but I fit lie for you' πŸ˜… Don't do it o. No one is worth grieving the HolySpirit for. Don't be like Sapphira. DO NOT TELL LIES (small, large, extra large~ they are all lies)

Peace and love,

Love.

As usual, if this has blessed you, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment