Wednesday 19 July 2017

When it rains....

When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars

The other day, someone called me up requesting for coconut oil and I found myself passing on Nifemi's dad's contact to this person gladly. Then it hit me, I am really healed. Finally, I've been set free from hurt and pain. Nifemi's dad and I have been separated for a while (ghenghen!!!! Exclusive). Prior to this, I had moved out 8 times but I've never really felt sure until this time around. For such a long time, I felt like such a loser. I remember mailing one of my mentors who I have never met before and I typed 'I saved my virginity for this man, why would this happen. So my virginity just wasted😅'  He gracefully replied saying 'you did not save it for him, you simply honoured God'. Yes I've been hurt, abused, heck I even contemplated suicide in this marriage but I would be lying if I say there are only sour tales. Today, I want to celebrate everything Nifemi's dad taught me in our 4 years of marriage:

*I like to think of myself as a technical guru 😂 He taught me all those complicated cables. I can set up a home theatre yo. Plus I can enter NEPA credit, change face (or is it phase?) Plus I can manipulate my way on the switch board when there is no power supply in a part of the house. Clap for me 😁 Thank you Baba Nifemz.

*He really did like my make-up. If I do decide in future to take make-up professionally, I'll never forget how much he believed in it. Thank you Baba Nifemz.

*He increased my business acumen. Best business team ever. Raise your hand if you ever bought 'Traditions Coconut oil'. He was the producing officer and I was the marketer of life. We did make good money from it. And I got free coconut oil too. I used to prepoo my hair every week😂 It is very painful now that I have to go to stores to buy coconut oil like you all the masses. I keep praying to God I'm not buy-in fake😅 Please still hit him up if in need of coconut oil. Plus I sold chinchin at some point in my life to make ends meet and he did help out. Thank you Baba Nifemz.

*I learnt how to have little and be content. Yo, we would literally scratch our bags for the last Kobo and we would get whatever it could afford us and we would be very content. Or the time e walked a very long distance back home.because we were so broke but we were content. Or the weeks we ate yam for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were very grateful for that season. Thank you Baba Nifemz.

*For teaching me how to reaaaaaallly cook. Whoosh not all the one I was doing before marriage. I am talking proper egusi, ogbono, don't even talk about my efo riro. He patiently took his time and we did practicals over and over again. Till I became the baddest chef ever (yes I say so myself). Of course I took refresher courses from DooneysKitchen. Thank you Baba Nifemz.

*For helping me out during car troubles. I still don't know how to open the bonnet. So yeah, thank you Baba Nifemz.

*And For the Ultimate, we made the most perfect daughter everrrrr Angel Oluwanifemi Adeyemi. Phew, how else would my bestie have come to the world. Plus she loves both her parents so much. The way she says 'My name is Nifemi ADEYEMI' and I'm like who is dragging it with you aunty😄 so again, thank you Baba Nifemz.

I'm a firm believer in the saying that everything happens for a reason. And so I choose to see the rainbows and the stars. No, we will not n getting back together but this is how you can help- you can pray that God perfects all that concerns us and help us co-parent gracefully.

Romans 8:28- 'And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...'

Peace and love always..

7 comments:

  1. Can't imagine that am all teary. It's well with you dear. Your best is yet to come. God will perfect all that concerns you n your bestie Nifemi in Jesus name, Amen.
    Lest I forget, you encourage me in ways I can't explain. Been a fan right from Ujay's Weightloss whatsapp group. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay....that was waaaaay back. This means a lot. God bless you

      Delete
  2. You have a truly beautiful heart. God bless you and your daughter. He gives you wisdom to be the mother that your daughter needs, and fills your heart with joy always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a truly beautiful heart. God bless you and your daughter. He gives you wisdom to be the mother that your daughter needs, and fills your heart with joy always.

    ReplyDelete