Thursday 10 May 2018

Why I love pictures

There's something graceful about pictures. A simple shot holds so many stories -narratives of joy, pain, happiness, fulfilment, battles, values and peace. These tales known only to the person in the picture and not the one who captures the image.

Pictures have a way of reminding you not to forget- who you are, who you were, what you have and what you had. It's so easy to forget. They serve as a memorial of battles you fought and won or lost. Friends who stood the test of time or the ones who betrayed you.

Everyone smiles in a picture. Onlookers would see a beautiful picture when they look but only you know know the story(ies) behind the picture.

I love pictures. I love to capture memories. They help me stay grounded and level headed. It helps me remain thankful as I can compare where I was to where I am. I have pictorial evidence.

These pictures remind me that I am strong. They hold stories of fighting and winning. And losing too. It reminds me of how I started from nothing and built something beautiful. It reminds me of friends who had my back when I had nothing to offer. It reminds me of family who supported my dreams. It reminds me of betrayal. It reminds me of the beautiful ones who looked up to me. I had to be strong for them when I couldn't be for myself. It reminds me that my purpose is not about how I feel. It reminds me that I can always make do with what I have. It reminds me that there are no perfect conditions. It reminds me of toil and sweat. It reminds me of letting go and moving on. It reminds me that there are always more grounds to conquer. It reminds me that God is always there. It reminds me that God's silence is also an answer. It reminds me of the lengths I went for survival. I actually forgot I once handcut and sold vegetables to supermarkets. It reminds me that I am resilient and brave. It reminds me that I am beautiful. It reminds me that God always chooses me for the toughest battles because He trusts me. It reminds me to always be optimistic about the future. It reminds me to always see the beauty in chaos.

Why do you love pictures?
#Throwback

Peace, love and sunshine.

Your favourite writer girl,
Love.






No comments:

Post a Comment