Wednesday 2 May 2018

The prize

'The roads were dark and deserted.

I could hear echoes of my own breadth and birds chirping away.

Still I pushed on. Walking as fast as my feet could carry me.

The sound from my slippers- 'kpish kpash' kept me company on the lonely road.

It was getting really late. I contemplated turning back but how I could I come this far and lose. And return with nothing?

Yes, in all honestly, I wasn't quite sure what the prize was. The Voice did not reveal. There was something about The Voice that made me believe there was a prize somewhere. And whatever it was, it would be worth it.

Alone on my lane, I caught a glimpse of others who walked in groups and had flashlights. Their light hearted banter was endearing. It would be nice to have such company but The Voice said this was a solo trip for me. I had so many cuts and bruises from groping in the dark and falling way too many times. 'What kind of journey is this one?' He said something about trusting in the power of my sight especially when I couldn't see. Rada rada

It did not make sense but I continued. Finally, I was at the end of the road. He said 'Turn right' and in that instant, the entire place was lighted up with halogen bulbs that made the flashlights I had seen earlier insignificant.

The Voice said 'Look.' I looked ahead of me and I must have frozen for what seemed like 10,800 seconds. He was the most beautiful creature ever. He walked towards me and I felt an eruption in my heart. His eyes so radiant, Michael Ealy got nothing on him. His lips looked like they had been kissed by God. He held my hands and said, 'Let me love You.'

I hastily freed my hands from his. 'Me? Why me?'

'Because like you, I have been on a journey searching for my prize and I was led here. Now that I've found You, I'm not about to let you slip away', he said.

I blushed and whispered a silent thank-you to The Voice and then said, 'Hi, my name is Love.' He replied, 'My name is Whatever-you-want-me-to-be and I will walk 1000 more deserted roads for you'

I love you.😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Peace, love and sloppy wet kisses.

Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment