Friday 27 April 2018

PUMA is what you call PUMA

I lost my shoes today🙈 It's even more embarrassing to say I lost it at the market. I had gone to the market from the office and my shoes were not market friendly.

Could I have managed it? YES! but then I saw PUMA slippers of life😂 As per 'Designer babe lomo confirm', I paid for the slippers. I kid! I actually didn't know 'PUMA' was what was written on my N600 slippers. Trust my beloved Nigerians to bring you counterfeit products at great prices 🤣. I actually saw the seller with different designs and the shoes on my feet suddenly felt too tight. The #Ojukokoro in me was ignited. Sigh. I put my shoes in the polythene bag and waltzed away in my PUMA.

It was temporary pleasure. I would never pick the 'PUMA' over my nameless flat spiked shoe.😏 As I was about to get into the car, after the euphoria of my new slippers had cleared, I asked, 'Where are my shoes?'. I went into way too many shops, I could not even begin to figure out where it could be plus I was running late. I'm back home with my slippers but no shoes.

I pray that you do not lose out on what's important because of a facade that glitters. They will fade. Hold on to what is true. To what is real. Stick to he who has proved himself than to a sweet tongued fairy tale that cannot stand the test of time.

Does it feel right? Is your heart at peace? Do you laugh for no reason? Does it/he/she make you happy? Does it/he/she make you better? If YES, then go ahead with it and silent the 'buts'. Yes it may be uncomfortable now but remember that shoes expand with more usage. Would you rather end with a fake PUMA? 🙄. An 'original' PUMA sef may not be for you. God may be calling to be a brand of your own. Don't sell yourself short by taking on an identity that is not yours.

Don't be an ojukokoro. Treasure what you have. PUMA is what YOU call PUMA. ADIDAS is what YOU call ADIDAS. In my eyes, my Honda is a Bentley #ArgueWithYourBrother 😋

P.s I still plan to go back to look for my shoes. I hope it's not too late.

Peace, love and sunshine.

Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment