Tuesday 3 April 2018

Love is beautiful

Scented candles, petals, chocolates, love notes, cards, gifts, Chinese dining; you just name them! I love Valentine.

Of course, the usual text messages are sent to parents and siblings but nothing beats celebrating love with the one who has your heart. It's a day the world has chosen for the celebration of love (love should be celebrated everyday). It's fun until you don't have a significant other to celebrate it with and you have to come on social media😂

Last Valentine, I got so emotional when a student left me a very sweet note because honestly, I wasn't expecting anything. I hardly opened any of my social media apps that day. Not because I was threatened by the display of love that would be shown and how it would remind me of my single status but I knew I would get irritated by the plethora of advice/motivational talk thrown 'our' way. 'God's love is all you need', 'Dear Singles, take advantage of this time and grow yourself' bla bla bla. But aunty, I've been growing myself na. Abi the people in relationship don't need God's love ni?

Look, love is a beautiful thing and it's ok to desire it. Don't let anyone confuse you. God intended for us to love and be loved. What I however recommend is that you don't sit around waiting for love to find you. Become the kind of person you want to attract. Become whole. Be goal driven. Be financially independent. Be responsible. Be godly. And when he/she finally shows up, you will sow your love on good soil.

Argh, I'm now giving the advice I hate to listen to. Las las! They are right sha. God's love is the ultimate (but we want someone to call us up at 11pm saying sweet nothings. That one too is not bad).

Next year's Valentine, we shall celebrate. Amen? Amen.

*Please don't show my mother this post😂

I pray that you receive all the love that you deserve,

Peace, love and more love,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment