Wednesday 22 August 2018

Bitter water

Wham! I felt the punch thrust through my abdomen, pushing out a torrent of blood through my mouth. It splattered across the floor. I scrambled through the rough pile but it delivered yet another punch. Its bloodshot gaze caused me to tremble. It stifled a laugh as though mocking me and said 'No one is coming!'. But I wasn't ready to give up so easily, so I let out the last scream I could mutter and passed out. 3, 2, 1...My eyes opened. I was alive. I am alive.

Rape, molestation, abuse, joblessness, poverty, heartbreak, divorce, miscarriage, barrenness, depression, wrong accusations, sickness, sadness!!! At some points in our lives, we have or will encounter some of these bitter experiences. Like Marah~ bitter water, nobody would deliberately choose this path. It may not be because of your sin too, sometimes it is predestined.

Life will try to squeeze out everything in you. You will hear voices that will try to keep you down but you must not give up. Because after Marah, comes Elim where there are springs of water. A place of rest. Don't stop at Marah. If He helped you through one, He will help you again.

God took the Israelites to Marah to teach them to wholly depend on Him. After the lessons were learnt, He took them to Elim. (Exo 15: 1-27)
Don't stop at Marah!

Peace, love and a fighting spirit,

Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

*This article was inspired by a message titled 'When you get to Marah' delivered by Rev. Joshua Omoraiyewa and can be listened to here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=213280219545635&id=338084476605547

No comments:

Post a Comment