Thursday 27 December 2018

The girl you raised has come back to say thank you

If you can think well, you will thank well - Rev. Mrs. O. Omoraiyewa.

I was sitting on my own and minding my business when I got a call that I had been nominated by @oleiray_ for a 'Single Mums' financial grant this year. I did not lobby for it. Heck, I did not even know anything about it. The most surprising, I and @oleiray_ have never met before. We are virtual friends. Few minutes after that call, my account was credited woth N50, 000. Just like that! Thank you Tope. Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me especially those who have never met me before. @momentshatinators sent my baby a gorgeous fascinator. Someone else made her a dress. I cannot even begin to mention all. I don't even feel qualified to answer 'single mum'. I have had it too easy. Nifemi has so many daddies, mummies, uncles and aunties. You all have given us soft landing and eased the burden. Thank you.

I had my first solo event and you all showed up for me. I had volunteers who gave their time and energy to #AnEveningWithLove. It was powerful. I never remained the same after that. It was also the first time I fasted One week straight without food because I was in dire need for a manifestation from God and He showed up. I am also thankful to my best friend Ehigocho Samuel who ran with the vision and supported me every step of the way. My book #31Mornings was released and again you all purchased and made me sell out. Every. single. copy. has been purchased. You guys bought in bundles. This book has been to 5 continents of the world. (Show up for my next book o #BeforeIDieI'llLive 😁). Payments have been made for the reprint which is not yet out. Thank you.

I got into the studio this year and released a fire worship song with the best friend that topped many downloading forums for a long time. I was featured in a magazine. It felt good to see my name up there. I stepped out of my comfort zone of writing and had a few speaking engagements. Money met money in my hands this year. Thank you.

I made so many decisions in December last year that did not make sense. It did not make sense to leave a great thing for nothing just because God said so. It did not make any sense then but this year, everything became crystal clear. Thank you

My daughter again topped her class making me the proudest momma ever 😁😁😁😁. Thank you.

People have met me the most for counselling. People have traced me to my tiny office to ask me to mentor them. I got tired of running and just accepted that purpose had found me. I have prayed and warred with and for people I did not know and I saw God move. Thank you

Just when I thought 2018 was over, I received my breath taking Christmas gift a few days to Christmas. Thank you.

Dear Lord, the girl you raised has come back to say thank you.

Peace, love and hot naija jollof.

Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment