Saturday 29 December 2018

Stones, wells and water


YOUR BREASTS ARE LIKE THAT OF AN ELEPHANT.
STUPID.
SENSELESS.
YOU CAN NEVER BECOME ANYTHING WITHOUT YOUR PARENTS.
FAT.
UNATTRACTIVE.
LIAR.

These were some of the 'stones' said to me and thrown into my well (heart). Stone by stone; brick by brick they filled my well and began to overflow. I began to have a physical manifestation of the things in my heart. A well that was meant to flow with water began to flow with stones. I was unhappy with myself and everyone else. It irked me to see someone happy. I could not see anything good about the world. My well was full. Not with water but with stones.

Luckily, I soon got a grip of myself and opened up about my struggles. It helped that I found a living church after my time away from church for a long time. I started a new Bible and prayer plan and stuck with it no matter how difficult it was. Slowly, the Holy Spirit began to replace every stone and filled me up with water. The living water. The joy you see me exude on the outside started on the inside. Now when I flow; it is no longer bitterness, self pity, depression or rage, it is peace, joy and happiness.

'Stopping' of wells is an ancient instrument of war. It involves filling up your enemies wells with stones or dirt until they bow (Gen 26:14-15, 2nd Kings 3:5-19). This is because the enemy understands the importance of water.

The good news is that you can dig out the stones. Isaac dug again until he found living spring water (Gen 26:18-19). The enemy can only try, you choose how the story ends.

* This is from a message I preached in February and I've gotten so many requests for it in text version. I hope it blesses one person out there.

Peace, love and a truckload of sunshine in 2019.

Your favourite writer girl,

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment