Monday 18 February 2019

Àanu Oluwa Kìítan

'No mummy, you can't give out this one', Nifemi protested vehememtly. I had brought out a pair of one of my newest shoes and I told her that God laid it in my heart to give it to someone. She proceeded to rummage through my shoe rack and brought out a pair that is almost giving way. 'Take this and give it out', she said. 'But it's old', I replied. 'Yes, that's why you should give it out'. Sigh. Then I began to give a pep talk on how God loves us to give and to give the best. She was not fully convinced but she gave up and went to bed. By morning, she saw I had packed it up and she went, 'so you disobeyed me?' 😂😂😂

On our drive out that day I kept smiling to myself. It was only a few years ago that I sold my shoes on Instagram and Facebook (You will remember) in order to buy food for Nifemi. I allowed people come to my home to buy my personal belongings at ridiculous prices to raise money. I, THE LOVE OMORAIYEWA. This same me!!! I hand cut vegetables for many nights, packed in containers and went to drop at supermarkets to make ends meet. I almost forced all of you to buy coconut oil and you came through. I sold chinchin! I proudly wore hand-me-downs from my friends. I was just happy to have 'new' clothes.

It is this same me who God has decorated for his glory. He gave me the best family. The best husband. A beautiful ministry. Amazing gifts that I have bot even finished discovering. A beautiful life that is not perfect but that I am content with. Hunger is not my problem today and it will never be again in Jesus name.

I kept turning and tossing as I watched my gorgeous husband and daughter sleep this night and I said to myself 'ÀANU OLUWA KÌÍTAN' (The mercies of the Lord are never ending).

He changed my story. He gave me a new new name. Look at me and know that there is a God and even when the storm rages, he has promised he will be with us at every step of the way.

Share with me your #ÀanuOluwaKìítan story in the comment section
Let us know how God came through for you and encourage someone not to give up.

Peace, love, and doses of His mercy,

Your favourite writer,

L.E.S

P.S If it blesses you, share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment