Friday 27 October 2017

The upgrade

It was a Friday. Mrs. Emenyi, our Biology teacher had given an assignment that was to serve as part of our assessment for the term. Trust me to have finished my assignment before the due date (Efiko club😂). I put my answer sheet in a book and put my book in my bag since the class rep had not yet started collecting. She said she would collect it in the hostel before we went for fellowship. My younger brother was with me and waited outside the hostel for me so we could go to fellowship together. I got to my room, changed my uniform, got my Bible out when I heard 'submit your Biology assignment'. I reached for my bag and brought out the book and my answer sheet was not there. I thought I was running mad. I replayed my movement from class to hostel and I was sure I put it there. Someone had stolen it. Then I started to cry and went from room to room begging whoever it was to return it, no one said anything. I went outside to meet my brother with swollen eyes. He managed to convince me that I probably forgot it in class. So we went and searched from class to class. Even classes I had not entered since the term began. Then we went to the hall. We didn't find it. I told him to go for fellowship while I went back to the hostel to search. My roommates joined in the search. Still, nothing. They advised me to write another one. How? I spent days on that assignment, how on earth can I come up with answers in few minutes. They said since I did the first one myself, I could do it again.

I tore a sheet of paper and I began to write as they read the questions to me. No one was going to 'show' me their work 😂 I remember tears dropping on the sheet of paper as I wrote. It was like 10 minutes to the deadline of submission. The rep was very gracious, she kept saying 'hurry'. I didn't care how my handwriting looked, I just kept writing. The rep literally raced to Mrs Emenyi's apartment to submit.

Usual boarding school style, I placed curses 😄😄😄 'For my tears, whoever carried my assignment will see tears for the rest of her life'. They started begging me that the curse may 'catch' the person. I said that was exactly what I wanted. Then I went for fellowship and my prayer to God was to help me deal with the person. I got back from fellowship and I was told the person who took it had confessed and said they should beg me to reverse the curse. It was xxxxxxx. She didn't do hers so she planned to copy mine and return before I noticed but she was not fast enough. So she decided to keep quiet and watch me suffer.

Scripts were returned and so many students didn't do too well. I was so scared to look at mine knowing the circumstances. I scored a 16 out of 20. I checked xxxxxxx and she scored a 14. Babe copied that work verbatim. She didn't even have the decency to skip one comma.

How is it that my well thought out work would have earned me a 14 and my work borne out of pain earned me a 16? Sometimes, God scatters our laid out plans for His to be fulfilled. See how I cried my life out over a 14 when He wanted to give me a 16 but because I couldn't see, I wanted to die. Just what if God has a better plan for you but He needs you to first let go. People will deliberately hurt. Sometimes not deliberately. You will be broken at some point. Life is not fair. Sometimes we have our dreams/jobs/marriages/businesses/careers snatched from us by men. But believe me when I say this, it is part of the plan. Do not consider the time you think you have wasted investing into thing or person because we have a God who says:
I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten-- the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm...' Joel 2:25.

Do not cry too long over a dead thing. Focus! You will see the new path He has made.

He will repay. Get ready for your upgrade!

P.s xxxxxxx, wherever you are, you are forgiven. It's because of you I had a 16. I would have been stuck with a 14. You made me know I could do better. I have long left a 16 and now a 1000. So, thank you for helping me discover the greatness in me.

Peace, love and upgrade,

Love.

*If you've been blessed, be a blessing and share to others. I love you all so much 😘😘😘😘😘*

No comments:

Post a Comment