Sunday 8 October 2017

His love never gives up

I stopped going to church for about 2 months. I was asked to leave my church by my head at the time. I could have fought that decision but if we're being honest, I was not in a good place with God. I was not angry with Him, I just did not want to talk to Him. I did not understand how He just sat and let everything happen to me. I used to be amazed at people who stopped going to church just because something happened to them but alas! I found myself in that same position.
I had even forgotten how to sing. I had long stopped being in the Choir even while we were there. My Sunday mornings were like Saturdays, I would do chores and later settle with Tv. The HolySpirit would keep tugging at me. Sigh. To compensate the HolySPirit, I did online services sometimes. I finally went to a church on my own with my daughter. I never understood the messages but my daughter loved the children church. I would time myself for 1 hour till the end of service, then I would take her to the children church and I would pass time in the main church. I soon got tired and missed many Sunday's. I had stopped praying or studying my Bible. I did try to say a few things in the mornings before i stepped out.The HolySpirit still did not let me be.
Then one Sunday, we both dressed not sure where we were going. I stopped by a church. I got in, took my daughter to children church. I went into the main church and during the worship, it felt like I was standing naked before God. I did not get up for the call of first timers. I didn't want anybody calling me just incase I did not commit. My daughter was excited. She learnt new rhymes on her first Sunday. I was glad. And then we went every Sunday for months. And then every mid-week service. I longed to sing again. I joined the membership class and would wait for classes every Sunday. I joined the choir and I was happy again. I was given a lead and people walked up to me after me to give me hugs saying I had stirred up something in them. It's funny how I was in that position few months before. That church was home until I moved again.
I remember the first time I tried to pray again, I actually said 'I don't know what to say but here I am' The first few days were awkward between me and God but I kept at it and He revealed Himself again.
In all these, He never stopped loving me. He refused to let me go even when I let Him go. He loved me with unusual kindness. My needs still continued to be met. The song 'One Thing Remains' helped me during that period.
'Your love never fails, and never gives up
It never runs out on me
Your love never fails, and never gives up
It never runs out on me
Your love never fails, and never gives up
It never runs out on me
Because on and on and on and on it goes
Before it overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains
This one thing remains'
I felt strongly to share this with you all this morning. I believe it's for someone who is struggling. Rest in His love. You WILL come out of whatever it is. Anybody can fall off, don't be too hard on yourself. He loves you and He is patiently waiting. ❤
Now I'm going to be late for work 😛😛
Peace, love and sunshine.
Love.

Please share and be a blessing to others

No comments:

Post a Comment