Saturday 30 September 2017

Fear will ruin you

While I waited for my connecting flight at Istanbul Atatürk Airport, I killed my time by meeting new people, trying new things and window shopping. I did not intend to buy anything but then I spotted this cute frog inspired knapsack filled with lollipop and I knew it would be a perfect birthday gift for my daughter who turns 3 tomorrow. It was expensive for me (please note that expensive is relative) but I could imagine how excited she would be and so I got it.

Few days before my flight while I was skimming through Instagram, I saw a post by Pst Nike Adeyemi on how she lost her luggage. I had not travelled but fear already gripped my heart, I don't like airport wahala. I got so anxious on the flight that I would lose my luggage. We arrived our final destination, India (carrying my daughter's gift as hand luggage)and true to my fears, I did not see my luggage. I became so restless. Everyone I flew with left me there. I was so angry. Why would only MY own luggage be missing. I went to make a complain and I was given a form to fill. The attendant suggested I check out one suitcase that was standing alone, I replied, 'I've already checked. It's not mine'. I actually did not check, I was just very angry. But on a second thought, I turned, it was actually my suitcase. And it had been there since, my anxiety blinded me to what was right there. In excitement, I dropped the form I was filling and left with my suitcase forgetting my handluggage containing my daughter's gift that I had kept at my side.

Unfortunately I remembered a day to my return or so. I was unable to make a complain online. At the airport, I was told I could not be helped. I needed to go online. It was too late, I was on my way back already.

This will remain an unforgettable experience. Sometimes I just sit and think of my money that went down the drain all because I got worked up for nothing😂 I think about the gift that never was 💔. Anxiety WILL ruin you.

Before beginning a new business, relationship, career, adventure or whatever else, many are already consumed with the thought of failure. When you preempt failure, you inadvertently see failure. Your fear will not let you see the victory standing right in front of you. Unfortunately, some things can never be gotten back when lost. You may get an alternative (like I have compensated Nifemz) but it will never be like the original.

Other times, you may be so consumed with the hanging on to the old (the suitcase) that you take the new for granted. You may not necessarily even need to let go of that old, but the new thing God wants to add is to align with the old. But fear.

Fear is natural. But you are to speak to fear. We actually have dominion over fear. Make positive confessions: I have control over my mind. I am not afraid. I will step out and God will make the provision. I have the mind of Christ. I am fearless. I am a special breed, nothing catches me by surprise. I have control over my mood. No one dictates the tone of my day.

Be fearless.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Philippians 4:6 NLT


Xoxo

Peace, love and CAKE,

Love.

If this has blessed you, please share 😘 (Details on the prayer group coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment