Saturday 23 September 2017

On comparison

As I prepared for my journey to India, I went to get my Naira currency changed to Rupees (the Indian currency) and to my surprise, I couldn't find rupees in all the Exchange stalls. I was advised to change to Dollar because 'dollar is accepted everywhere.'

I got to India and no one would take Dollars from me. I needed to get it changed to Rupees to be able to spend. I had some Naira on me too but it was useless to me in India. No one would even exchange that one for meπŸ˜‚ Does this mean that in reality Naira and Dollar are useless? Of course not. Every currency has it's sphere of influence. Each of them are King in their own areas. Naira is king in Nigeria but to be spent in India, it needs to adapt or better still conform to what is accepted in India. In the process of changing/adapting/conforming, some value was lost. A percentage had to removed. It will also not make sense for either of the currencies to be jealous of the other because just as their colours and designs are different so are their areas of purpose different.

You have your lane. You have your strength. Identify your uniqueness. Be proud of your difference.Your purpose is unique to you. When you try to copy or alter yourself, you lose value. Stay true to yourself. Stay true to your calling. Stay true to your purpose.

Galatians 6:4, NLT Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.

Xx

Peace, love and chin chin πŸ˜‹

Love Ebunlola Omoraiyewa

P.s If this has blessed you, please share and be a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment