Thursday 22 March 2018

God is not Arik, He is dependable

My taxi arrived and we set out for Abuja very early. I had an Arik flight to catch from Abuja. The airport was crowded. There were lots of foreigners arriving Nigeria to attend the Calabar Carnival. I got carried away staring at the well-rounded scantily dressed women. They must have been South Africans. God finished work on them abeg🤗 Our brothers are covered with the blood of Jesus😥 They soon announced their boarding and few minutes later, the rest of us could breathe again. It was less crowded and oh well...more people with clothes. It was a few minutes to my flight and there was no boarding announcement. I walked up to the ticketing office and I was casually told there was a delay. 'We don't know when we will fly but we will still go, just be patient'. I also then politely told him I wanted to fill a refund form as I would not be flying again. He pointed me to the direction of the office for that. While waiting, I called the cabman who luckily had not yet headed back to Kaduna to come get me. I filled the form and made to leave when a woman with kids who was supposed to be on the same flight asked me to just wait a little that they had assured her they would fly. I told her I had no faith in Arik and wished her all the best. 3 hours later, I was in Kaduna. I was casually scrolling through Instagram when I saw a picture of people who were to fly to the same location and waited till 5pm before they were told they could no longer go.

Some months before this, I booked a Turkish flight and before I even paid I was told there will be a 12 hours wait before the connecting flight and I still paid (Emirates was a 3 hour wait but I would save money with Turkish which would be used for shopping😉 My mother thought it was the most foolish decision ever). I gladly prepared for these 12 hours. I had music, books and lots of window shopping and food tasting. I did not have a doubt in my mind that I would wait past 12 hours. I knew at the end of 12 hours, I would be on the plane. No stories. No go-come. Turkish as well as many International airlines have managed to build an infallible system that just works. Honestly, I didn't have to pray about it. I had absolute and complete faith in them. They do not have a track record of failing, why would they start with me?

Nigeria is a developing country and they can't help it- too many factors; economical, political, religious, corruption cause them to fail (notice how I wrote 'them'😂 I have removed myself). Even when 'they' do not want to fail, the way the system is set up, it's impossible not to. It's like putting your trust in man. Even when He has the best intentions, because he is a man, he is prone to disappoint you. He has his own issues, he may change his mind about you, resources he was expecting may not come through etc.

Trusting in God however is different. No matter how long He takes, you have the assurance that He WILL come through because He is God. It is impossible for Him to fail or cancel a flight😂. If He says He will do it then He will do it. So wait 12 hours if you have to or 12 years or 60 years knowing that your flight will leave eventually because He is not Arik🤣. Trust me, with God, it is not a delayed flight, it will just be right on time. What you do in the waiting is also important. You must be glad, joyful with no murmuring or complain.

Peace, love and sunshine,

Love.

P.s if this has blessed you share with others. 😘

2 comments:

  1. I just realized most of the things I waited on God for, already came to pass and l couldn't stop myself from shedding tears!

    ReplyDelete