Tuesday 26 January 2021

Corper Wee Tales

 Thirty Tales

Episode 3


Corper Wee Tales


Omo! I had the strictest boss ever in my PPA. Everyone was scared of her. She was mean and used really demeaning words on people. My grandma died and we were to travel for the burial. The burial was for Friday but my parents were to leave the Monday before that and they were to pick me along. The difficult part was asking for permission. Her PA prepped me on how to go about it. I was to take an invitation card addressed to her and then chip in my request. I prayed and was even fasting before I went in. I gave he and sought permission to be absent for the week. She looked at me and said "Even if it is your mother that died, I will not give you one week". Huh! I wanted to say "my mother will not die in Jesus name" but I changed my mind and said it in my heart. She eventually gave me Thursday and Friday. My daddy had to send someone back to get me. Every time I think of her, I never want to be that kind of boss.


-----‐---------------------------------------------------------------

When everybody was using office internet to apply for jobs and/or trying to get themselves retained, I was applying to schools in the UK. It was what I wanted and I did not know how I was going to go about it but I just gave it a shot. All the schools I wanted required me to write long articles. It took so much of my time. Then I found University of Westminster and the course "Global media". I immediately fell in love with it. I read reviews and the school ranked top as the best university in media in the UK. I waited about a month ro hear back from them and I was accepted. 


It was at this point I told my parents all that I had been doing in the background and the rest they say history.


If you want something, go for it. 


Your favourite writer girl,

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment