Wednesday 27 January 2021

Won fe get me ni London (1)

Thirty Tales
#Episode 4

Won fe get me ni London (1)

Finding a church to attend in London was a herculean task. They were either too far, oyinboish or unserious. I found a Nigerian church online and service time was said to be 8am. I was at the church door at 8:05am. It was a small church, I think I counted about 15 people. I met them sitting in groups and chatting AT PAST 8. When they noticed me; I was obviously new, a woman got up and said "it's time for Sunday school o". I managed to stay for about 20 minutes then I snuck out and went back home to watch an online service.

I finally found a predominantly Nigerian church that I loved eventhough it was 2 hours away from me. On my first day, I got up when the announcement for new comers was made. As usual, we were asked to wait behind and our details were taken.

On my way out of the church premises; this fine looking man dressed in a three piece suit with this sharp cut beard approached me. "Hi, I noticed you're new. My name is ***", he said to me. In my mind I was singing "I never knew you could honour me this way daddyyyy". I was already thinking of how beautiful our kids will be.

He offered to drop me off but when I told him where I was going; he said he would drop me at the train station. When we got to the car park ladies and gentlemen!!! This guy walked straight to the only range rover that was parked there. It was customized in his name. Baba God is this how you use to do your things!!!

We exchanged BBM pins and we agreed to meet during the week for dinner. He sent messages later to check on me and ensure I got home safe. That Sunday evening I was lying down imagining my fairy tale life when my phone rang. "Hello my name is Bro ****** from church", the caller said. We exchanged pleasantries. He was part of the follow-up team who had spoken to all the new comers in church. He had picked my number from the form I had filled earlier in the day.

"We saw you leave church with a certain young man today. I just wanted to inform you that he is a scammer and he dupes people. Please be careful". I thanked him and dropped the call. I sharply blocked uncle fine boy on bbm and from calling me. The next time I saw him in church, I walked past him like we had never met. The shock on his face could not be hidden. Eleda mi, ese o.

Few weeks later, uncle follow-up from church sent me a mesage asking to take me out. Come o uncle follow-up, did you deliberately send prince charming out of my life so you could get in or was he really a scammer? This is an answer I will never know because I blocked him too😂

I keep feeling in my heart though that uncle follow-up formed this story because he felt he would not stand a chance with uncle fine boy.

Bobo yen get me sha. But we move! I decided to face the book they sent me to go and read.

Your favourite writer girl,
Love.



 

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Uncle follow-up was making room for himself. I've missed reading your write-ups.

    ReplyDelete