Sunday 31 January 2021

Episode 8. Happy Endings

 On Happy Endings


The first time I set my eyes on my husband was in church. He was leading the choir and it was the most beautiful thing ever. I had been back home about a month but I had not resumed with the choir. The song he led broke me so much, I decided I would return to my place of service immediately.

The next time we ran into each other again was in Redemption Academy. Working in the same place, attending the same church and singing in the same choir made it inevitable for us to always run into each other.

We fast became great friends. The first connection was the music. Singing together was magical every time.

Post divorce, I said I was not interested in any relationship or even marriage again. I remember my counsellor trying to get me out of this mindset several times. I just wanted to focus on God, myself and my child.

But then I started to get marriage suitors. It was weird. I remember one travelling almost 8 hours to see me and in my mind I was like "bruh, ko necesstri. I'm not doing this marriage thing again o". It was like God rubbed one attention cream on my face that kept attracting men. And they were quality men. I would often gist Ehi (my husband) about these guys and we would laugh over it. Ehi was in a relationship at the time.

Then I met this sweet guy and started catching feelings. Sister Love that said she will not marry πŸ˜‚. He was such an awesome person. We began dating and plans were already underway to see my parents when I started to get dreams. God mostly communicates with me via dreams so I take them very seriously. In the dreams, we were fighting a lot. Each time I prayed about them, I heard clearly that he was not my husband. I cried o. A person might be good but not good FOR YOU. I called it off and blocked him everywhere because my heart could not take it. Then I asked Ehi to help me call him when my book #31mornings was released. I wanted to send a copy since he was a strong support at the writing stage. He declined. It was a painful season but God gave us grace to both move on. P.s during this relationship, Ehi was getting jealous that I did not have his time again. Uncle I don't get it, face your own relationship na 😝

I was on my own minding my business when I dreamt and saw myself in a wedding dress and Ehi in a suit. I did not tell anyone, I refused to admit what it meant. Then my mother dreamt twice that she saw both of us getting married. Then somebody else and then another. Ha God! Off your mic, I have heard. I started catching feelings but I had to lock upπŸ˜‚

So basically, I knew Ehi was my husband but he did not know and I wasn't going to tell him.πŸ˜‚ My beloved aunty Taiwo always says "God is not a gossip. If he needs someone to know something, he can tell the person by himself". Of course there are exceptions but on that matter, God was going to have to tell him by himself. I wasn't getting involved.

We continued being great friends but I did not want to make it easy for GodπŸ˜„ so I began to withdraw. Ehi noticed and asked what was going on. I told him I felt we were too close especially as he was in a relationship. I told him it made me really uncomfortable (and it really did) and asked that he kindly limit his calls and messages to me. I stopped calling from my end except when it was necessary.

Then one day! Somebody say 'One day!', brother Ehi's eyes were opened. It was a Sunday evening. I got a call from him that he was outside my door. I let him in and he told me he had been on a journey for the last few weeks. The break I had given our friendship made him realise he could not live without me. I was his sun, his life, his everything (I'm adding my own jaraπŸ˜†).

He told me he had ended his relationship and beggeddddddddd me to be in his life. I am not a wicked person 😁 so I did not let him beg too long since I already knew he was my husband (plus I was already head over heels in love but had to lock up. Please let's not tell him).

He went to see my mum and dad separately and sought their permission. I was impressed! We officially began courting.

Then the rumours began...

Your favourite writer girl,
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment