Thursday 9 August 2012

Crazy day.........


As usual the Muezzin with his audible ‘extra extra loud” voice woke me up before my alarm clock and the awaited headache came pouring down like an ocean that had been caged. I laid awake in the darkness to gather my thoughts and then I sluggishly got up to go through the normal routine-listening to music, morning devotion and jeez, when I looked up to my bedside clock it was 6:00 am…..Oh my, I dashed into the bathroom. As I had my bath  ‘sharp-sharp’ and with cold water, I thought to myself “It’s worth it”…The staff bus left the junction at exactly 6:45 am and I couldn’t afford to miss the bus as I was just a bloody-corper…..Of course, God was on my side, I got to the junction just in time and by 7:3 0am, I was already at the office and was so full of life and in high spirits and as I pressed down the knob of my door and the door gave way, I stood in shock for about 5 seconds, then I regained my consciousness, What da>>>>Margareth Thatcher was back……What was she doing back, we had hoped she would be back after 6 months. That woman has the ability to make a super intelligent person feel less than dumb and make you question the whole essence of going to spend 4 or more years within the confines of a higher institution and studying so hard to be one of the best, when you have to do jobs like cleaning her microwave, taking her personal belongings to and fro the basement, typing already typed documents even when we have a hi- tech photocopier(e gba mi)…Im putting a BBM ‘lips are sealed’ emoticon at this point….So much for serving your Country.  If there was nice treatment sef, it would have been bearable, but the environment is always hostile and she makes everyone jumpy and uncomfortable….Anyway, the matter plenty for ground, so back to my original story, I had about 10 minutes during the day to have breakfast and lunch together(I know, very bad lifestyle) and then had to stay with madam till about 6:30pm since her P.A was on leave and that implied that I missed the staff bus back home and from the office, off I ran to get a cab to church, it was an awesome service…I got home at about 9:00pm, went to my wardrobe and picked a dress for the next day, ironed it and then got ready to bath….what a soothing bath that was when it happened…NEPA struck…it was a nightmare, it suddenly brought me to the realization that my life was frustrating....hmmm, well, I spent the night hand fanning myself till my arms wore out.

7 comments:

  1. very well put, my dearest...lav eet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mama........thanchu

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL handfan-ing is also an exercise tho ! ...... But the lady u called black margaret thatcher or smething. I think Cruella-dev-il fits her perfectly. Yeah those kinds aint human at alll ! Hian -Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  4. NNPC Ordeals.... Lmao. I luv d originality.... Simple english and suspense filled write-up! Kip up d spirit! #sum1 wu knws ya....

    ReplyDelete