Friday 10 August 2012

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. Written by beautiful Miss Ebun Omoraiyewa(me!!!)....lol, Pls enjoye


I once met a girl who had fallen hopelessly in love with a loser dude and even when she knew he was playing her, she still kept going back. I was disgusted and in my heart, I said 'GET A LIFE'.
Now its 2:08am and I'm wide awake, surrounded by the thoughts of my own foolishness and stupidity. How gullible can you be Ebun? The signs were everywhere, but I threw caution to the wind and I still kept going back to my own vomit. The breeze of torture soothes my aching soul gently reminding me of my present predicament. I'd rather not bore you with the gory details but I'll still like to share my story.
Femi was every girls dream. He made me come alive. He wasn't the most eloquent or civil but he was just enough for me. It was the classic scenario of poor girl meets rich guy. One day, he surprised me, my family had gone into a lot of debts which he knew about, he called to say he had made arrangements to clear all the debts. I was beyond elated, i spent that weekend with him and it was fun filled, we went shopping and then he got me a Blackberry, not just any blackberry, a Bold 5. I still remember *azonto-ing*. We were very happy until he gradually began to change, more like he was doing me a favour, I had to answer to EVERY need (trust me, you don't want to know what I mean by EVERY). I refused to let it bother me though. After a while, it worsened, more like I was in a distant relationship yet we both lived in the same city. At every given opportunity, he'd remind me of what he had done for my family. I was abandoned and ignored and yet I couldn't let him go, it felt like I was in bondage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an ingrate, but this love had become one-sided.
I decided to let him have a taste of his own medicine, I also ignored him and it worked, soon my baby boo was back. He was very apologetic. He bought me flowers and chocolates and explained that he got very busy. He promised to create more time for me and become more considerate of my feelings and to show his seriousness, he informed me that I would be accompanying him to the UK on his 3 weeks seminar and according to him preparations had been set in motion. I was so happy, I called my bestie immediately, and we were already planning the trip. We were already running out of time, standard visa processing takes about 3 weeks, and it was already 2 weeks to the due date of travel, each time I reminded him, he would say 'be patient'. Few days to the scheduled travel date, I began to worry because he had started to distance himself and take secret calls, I was sure he was hiding something and so I began to snoop and then I discovered that his business had crumbled, he lost everything and apparently the last thing on his mind was a business trip. I thought about leaving him because of the lies and the deceit, but the world would call me a gold digger. I wanted to be there in the good times and bad times.
During this period, we bonded a lot and we decided not to be deterred. He took my hands, looked into my eyes and told me he loved me and begged me to have faith in him. I loved him so it wasn't difficult to trust him. I gave him all the love and support he needed. Things got better for him but not for us. Promises kept failing, bad treatment was the order of the day and more disappointments so I decided it was enough. I'm done!!
BREAKDOWN OF MY TALE....
''Ebun’’ represents the people of Nigeria while ''Femi'' in 3rd paragraph stands for the Obasanjo regime(foreign debts were written off:1999-2007, telecommunication sector was born)....
....''Femi'' in 4th paragraph: Yaradua regime (short-lived due to death...RIP)
....''Femi'' in 5th paragraph: Goodluck Jonathan regime
FAILURES PECULIAR TO ALL THREE
Failed power sector
Failed education system
Failed heath sector
Failed transport sector (road, aviation rail and marine)
Failed labour sector........................etc
FAILURES OF THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION
Mismanagement of the pension fund
Niger Delta management
Boko Haram management.................etc
I narrowed it down to these three regimes because I began to have interest in the politics of my country from them and I have continued to be disappointed. Several promises have been made and our hopes dashed all the time with few bones dangled at us. No more voting for me, it's over. I know I'll love again but he must be worth it,

10 comments:

  1. very nice Ebun weldone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! The BREAKDOWN match d whole situation... (y)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one girl... So so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahahahahahahaha .... The way u started tho ... Was crying inside already. Errrm bout the last part .. I feel U. But this too shall pass so Our elders say ! Love this piece ..... Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really cool.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luv d way u way u culd relate a love story 2 dat of a country..... *deep thinkin! D only thing tho is I'm actually pondering if this write-up is fiction or not.... #sum1 wu knws u!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely.. Absofreakinglutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete