Friday 24 August 2012

THE LAST IDIOT. Please drop your comments, love u guys.


Me:(On the phone) No, I prefer the Coco Chanel. Errm, the green one please. Thanks. Ok, talk to you later.

Abi: Who was that on the line?

Me: See question o. Who else, Toks of course

Abi: Hian nawa o, this your friend that I've not met

Me: There's no need dragging the friend, I've told you that there's nothing between us. He should be back in 2 weeks though, you'll meet him. He's doing some shopping, he wanted to know my preferences.

Abi: You look very happy, I have to admit

Me: Of course I'm happy, he seems genuine and he's very nice

Abi: So what's holding you back

Me: You can't have forgotten the last idiot.

                                                              THE LAST IDIOT

Me: Look Abraham, I've told you not to call me again. For crying out loud, we have nothing in common. I'm a born again Christian.

Abraham: Please I'll change. I will even go to church for you

Me: I'm sorry, I can't date you. I want someone who genuinely loves God

Abraham: But I just said...

(I end the call)

 

Next Sunday as I walk to the choir stand, I see Abraham at the right front seat of the last row and I was more angry than surprised. I thought to myself, 'This is just great, now he's stalking to me'. I made up my mind I was going to ignore him. After service, he walked up to me and tried to make conversation and I responded shabbily and walked away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a snob, I've had my share of heartbreaks. I was born into a Christian family but we were not the overly righteous people, however we were morally upright. I've dated cool guys but because of my strong belief against pre-marital sex, those relationships did not last. On my 24th birthday, I made up my mind that I was done with worldly guys because they just want to go all the way and I wasn't ready to compromise, and this was what I've been trying to make Abraham understand. He's handsome, cool, not to mention rich but he doesn't have the God factor.

After that Sunday, I got about four messages from Abraham during the week and I did not reply any of them. I didn't hear from him after that but something strange caught my interest, 2 months on and Abraham had not missed any Sunday service, his right front seat of the last row had become his permanent. I was happy, perhaps he had genuinely given his life to Christ. I made up my mind that the next time he texted, I would definitely reply. Still, I got no text, then I got a shocker, Pastor was commissioning the next set of church workers, and Abraham was commissioned an Usher in Church. This was the 7th month, he had been consistent. Now I was worried, he wasn't showing any interest, he would just greet me casually after service and drive off, that's if I even run into him. I began to put it into prayers, I prayed that God should rekindle his love for me. He had started getting cosy with Jennifer,  fellow chorister. I started to look out for both of them, I would always see her alight from his car. The bitch*(excuse my language), first she was dragging solo with me during rehearsals, now she also wanted my man? (yes, he's my man). I did the Christian thing, I didn't confront her but I'm pretty sure she could feel the hostile air from me. If ogling could kill, she'd be dead.

At 7:08 pm, Thursday, November 2009, I got a call from Abraham, I got nervous, I picked nonetheless. He wanted to know if I was free for dinner on Friday, he said he wanted to discuss something. Even though I had a prayer meeting, I said I was free. We hung out, we had fun, then we got to the serious part, he said he had been praying about us and that he's convinced that I'm his wife and that he had also discussed it with pastor. I was doing cartwheels in my mind but I decided to form a little, then I asked about Jennifer. He dismissed it with a wave of the hand, saying that they were just friends even though she wanted something more. (In my mind- I knew it, nonsense girl). I knew my answer was yes, but I didn't want to show my excitement so I promised I would pray about.

On the 5th of February, 2010, we got married. I had envisioned my wedding night and gotten the perfect lingerie. It was a beautiful night or so I thought. 2 days later, he had his friends over, they were all laughing profusely, I went close to the door to eavesdrop, I wanted to know what was so funny and that was when I overheard Abraham say 'I won, I finally slept with her and she's not even all that' and they continued to laugh. I was confused, I didn't know who he was referring to, so I went in and the whole room went quiet, so I asked but afraid to know the answer 'Who did you win Abraham' and with every ounce of pride in him, he replied 'You'. Me? I don't understand. He answered, you were a bet honey and I won and I've proved to these guys that I'm the man and he continued laughing. His friends seemed unsure about laughing. As the tears streamed down my face, he said to me 'Don't worry, I'll still remain married to you, I worked damn too hard'.

That's how I left my husband's house barely 72 hours after marriage. God hates divorce, Abraham has not asked me for a divorce, now it's been 2 years and my heart yearns for another. I'm existing and not living. Toks knows about everything and he is willing to look past all of it. Will dating Toks be considered as infidelity in the sight of God? I've not heard that Abraham has been with another woman and so I can't leave him on grounds of unfaithfulness. What do I do? I want to be with Toks.

4 comments:

  1. Û dnt Need advice except û are no longer "CHRISTIAN"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you let your emotions get in the way of God's will. You'll have to remain single if you want to remain in God's will. the only time for remarriage is at the death of your husband which you are not praying for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pst Ken Asegieme24 August 2012 at 10:10

    She should stay in her marriage. The man has not ill-treated her though it hurts to think that she was bet-trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is another touching one. she must pray to God to fix it instead of compromising with toks. no one forced her into the marriage. its sad she turned out to be a bet. but i believe god is still in the situation and if she can stay in her marriage and trust God he will fix things for her. hooking up with another man wont solve the problem, besides no man is perfect not even toks.

    ReplyDelete